T4 Editor plus UML-Style modeling tools
for Visual Studio 2008/2010
With tangible T4 Editor you can author your own Code Generator via Text-Templates (TT-Files) with Intelli-Sense & Syntax-Highlighting. T4 is a Microsoft Language for writing Code Generators which is similar to ASP.NET and is used by the Microsoft internally to build software and new features for .NET 4.0. The T4 Code Generation Engine is already built into Visual Studio – so the only thing that was missing was a great T4 Editor and some free UML-style modeling tools – so we shipped it.
Now it is up to you to accelerate your projects and start saving your company money by adopting T4 today and generate the code you need directly from diagrams, database schemas or xml files.
(Screenshot of features available in FREE EDITION)
In addition, with the free build-in tangible modeling tools you can directly create Software Diagrams like Use Case Diagrams, Component Diagrams, State Charts, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Persistent Object Models from within Visual Studio. (see below)
T4 Editor Features – T4 Code Generation simplified
The T4 Editor for Syntax Highlighting and Intelli-Sense allows you to author your own code generators in Visual Studio that read from diagrams, xml or any other data source.
- T4 Syntax Highlighting for C#, VB.NET, Java, PHP, SQL, MSIL, Python, Batch Files, PASCAL, PowerShell, IL, JSCRIPT, VBSCRIPT, CSS in output text code and T4 Code Sections in C# or VB.NET
- T4 Intelli-Sense, Intelli-Prompt and Statement Completition for T4 Code Sections. Intelli-Sense will look at all assemblies and namespaces indicated by the import and include pragma. *Limited support for namespaces in the FREE EDITION.
- Syntax Error Reporting in ErrorList and via Text-Highlighting for errors inside the T4 text template
- Template Gallery – Access & Share T4 Templates in our Gallery or in your Workgroup
- Support for #Include Directive, this makes types visible to importing template’s Intelli-Sense
- Support T4 Toolbox which includes XSD Directive, Multiple output files and more.
- Drag and Drop XML Files and Diagrams onto T4 Editor get T4 Code to generate from them.
A Tour around T4 Editor
Double-click video for fullscreen.
Supported diagram types
With tangible modeling tools you can directly create Use Case Diagrams, Component Diagrams, State Charts, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Persistent Object Models. Which can also be used for code-generation by a T4 Template.
FREE EDITION Download
Ongoing feedback-driven development
tangible modeling tools plus T4 Editor is an initiative we take to better support the .NET Community with precise modeling tools and code generation. It uses the same components we have built into our high-end code generator tangible architect. We are in the process of collecting your feature requests. Please provide us your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Will tangible modeling tools also be free in future? A: Yes, we stick to offering a FREE SKU. But we also offer enhanced SKUs with additional functionality.
Q: Which version of Visual Studio is supported? A:There are three Builds. For VS2005 we support Diagrams only. For VS 2008 we also included tangible’s new T4 Editor. Here is the tangible T4 Editor for Visual Studio 2010 (T4 Editor only as Beta1 includes MS Modelling Tools)